Friday 8 June 2012

3/6/12


Back in Cairns again today and it felt a little like a homecoming after the week and a half spent here before heading north.
It was good to be back in semi-familiar surroundings and seeing some familiar faces.
The plan is to get Freda serviced tomorrow (hard to believe I've done 10,000km since January!) and have some chill out time and getting my other stuff in order before taking off along the Savannah Way next week.
In the afternoon I answered a local classified ad from Veronica who is a drummer and was looking for people to jam with.
We had a lovely afternoon playing some music, sipping tea and chatting about all things music. I think I managed to convince her that a trip to Bluesfest at Byron Bay next year would be very worthwhile.
She's found it difficult to get musos together and I definitely feel her frustration as I've been there many a time but she said our get together has definitely inspired her to keep on the hunt for musos and keep up her drumming, which is good.

Veronica & Steve jamming it out

No comments:

Post a Comment