Friday 8 June 2012

4/6/12 - 5/6/12


Today was service day for Freda and fortunately she passed with flying colours.
They did recommend I replace the front tyres so I got that done and fingers crossed she will be a faithful companion for another 10,000kms.
But in a little twist, after having her internals all cleared, that night Freda's exterior copped a bit of punishment thanks to a drunken tool with a shopping trolley and a chip on his shoulder.
At about 4am I was rudely awoken to a massive bang on the passenger side of the car.
After checking my undies for shrapnel I looked out to see a long haired bloke (can't trust those long hairs) stumbling and storming off to find his next target.
Surpisingly I wasn't all that shaken though the initial shock was a bit full on. I think once I realised it was just a random letting off steam and not someone trying to break in, I relaxed and went straight back to sleep! haha
The next morning I got up to assess the damage and yep, he didn't miss.

Ouch

Ow!

Little green bastard

I got a quote for the damage and it will cost at least $560 to repair which doesn't include the decals. So as it's just exterior damage and the door still works fine, I'll leave it for now and reassess whether I get it fixed at Xmas time. To be honest, this could be nothing compared to what Freda may face as I head to NT and WA so we'll just play it by ear I think.
With the confidence and bravery that comes with the daylight hours, I wondered whether I should have approached the bloke who did it at the time but not being 100% confident in my abilities should a bru-ha-ha develop, I'm thinking it's best to just have a dented car door and not a dented face to go with it.
Yeah it sucks but he'll get his come uppence at some stage. Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment