Sunday 26 August 2012

20/08/12


Today was the start of a five day trip to Kakadu and Litchfield National Parks.
I picked Kristina up early and we made our way in Freda firstly to Kakadu.

Welcome to Kakadu
It was suprisingly foggy and misty this early in the morning but we eventually made it to our first stop, Mamukala, where we did a 3km walk and spent some time on the viewing deck watching the water birds and other wildlife.

Kakadu wetlands

Bird and lillies....and stuff
From there we drove around to Nourlangi and walked up to the lookout and viewed the rock paintings.

Nourlangi

Rock paintings...
We waited around there for a ranger to give a free talk then it was off to Yellow Water to camp for the night.

Camp at Cooindi "resort" near Yellow Water

I managed to score a gig at the camp ground that night in return for the reimbursement of our camping fees and a meal each at the bistro.
So while I set up, Kristina went down to the Yellow Water viewing platforms and took some photos including this one of a kingfisher:

With the number of photos she takes, she was bound to get a good one eventually

I then played for about an hour or so to a laidback and appreciative audience (thanks to my Ghan experience I now have a repertior better suited to these sorts of holiday crowds). At the start of my set, the mozzies were ferocious and with both my hands occupied on the guitar I had no opportunities to get rid of them so being the true professional that I am I finished the songs before swatting the little buggers away.  I did however have to stop one song halfway through and kindly borrow some repellent from an audience member then picked up where I left off which got a good reaction.
At the end I was shouted a beer and sold a cd so all in all it was a good day.

I've encountered some slimy audience members in my time but this one takes the cake



No comments:

Post a Comment