Sunday 19 August 2012

31/7/11 - 13/8/12 (Melbourne)

The next couple of weeks were spent in Melbourne hanging out at Amanda's place, doing a gig and catching up with Ma and Pa for Dad's birthday. If Adelaide was cold, Melbourne was freezing but there were odd 5 minute windows when the weather was bearable. I wore three or four layers most days and at times even that didn't feel like enough. But apart from the weather, it was a good couple of weeks, catching up with the family and having the luxury of modern comforts like a fridge and a shower at my beckon call. I spent a lot of my days learning some new songs which the people on my journey have suggested (or told me) that I should play. So I can now add "Country Roads", "Moon Shadow" and "Duncan" to my song list. Speaking of song lists, I did one gig at Bar Betty in Melbourne where for the majority of my set, the only people in the audience were Amanda and her friend Zoe!

Thank goodness these two turned up - Amanda (left) and Zoe
At the end of the set a group of three women and a crazy lady with a ukele (probably a song title in that?) came in but yeah it wasn't the biggest of turn outs for my first Melbourne gig but by now I've definitely learned to take the good with the bad and was stoked that Amanda and Zoe even turned up. Thanks guys!

Steve Case solo (almost literally!) at Bar Betty, Melbourne

No I haven't all of a sudden grown, I'm attempting to tune "Crazy Lady With A Ukele"s  uke
I was also fortunate enough to be in Melbourne for my television debut on Channel 31's "Nu Country" program. Unfortunately though they played the wrong clip and instead of John Corlette's excellent video of "The Runner" my dodgy powerpoint presentation video of "Home Town" was aired! d'Oh!

My Tv debut on Channel 31..they aired the wrong video...
Mum and Dad then came down and we had a good couple of days eating, watching the footy, and eating.

The Cases reunited.......awwwwww

Amanda and Mum went to a trendy dessert bar.....Dad brought his own  chocolate...

....and then splashed out on his dessert across the road at Maccas  - two 30 cent cones!!  Classic.

Steve and the folkers in Melbs
Saturday was spent with the mandatory AFL game and dinner on Lygon Street.

My smile belies the fact that I was friggin freezing

Dad does Lygon
Sunday we had a quick serve of birthday cupcakes before Mum and Dad returned back to Wagga.

Birthday cupcake before the Cases were de(?)united..
It was then time for me to get ready to transition back into solo steve mode. Melbourne was great but I'm definitely looking forward to getting back to the warmth of Darwin.

No comments:

Post a Comment