Sunday 5 August 2012

27/7/12 - 30/7/12

The next few days were spent in Adelaide or "Radelaide" as some like to call it...
I'd never been to South Australia before so everything was new to me.

(R)Adelaide
The Adelaide YHA was pretty swanky and reminded me a bit of what it would be like to be in the Big Brother house (or maybe I have a good imagination?).

YHA Adelaide....or Big Brother?
There was an Anime and Video Game Convention on this weekend and I was room mates with a couple of very odd nerds.
They were in their mid 20's and one had to leave early because his Mum called him and was worried about him and told him to come home then the other guy got in trouble from his Mum for staying on without his mate being there...it was like being on the set of Big Bang Theory...LOL!

Calling all Sheldons...
The weekend was spent just walking around and checking out the city.
Adelaide seems like a pretty civilised and inoffensive sort of place. A bit too cold for my liking but not unbearably so.
Over the weekend I saw:
The Markets...

mmmmmm Markets...
The Botanic Gardens...

mmmmmm Gardens...
The churches...

mmmmmm churches...
The Museums...

Mmmmmm Museums....

..and and an unfortunate last name...

mmmmm Coc....Oi! Wait a minute! No, no, no!
There was also some cool street art all about the place...



On Monday I jumped aboard The Overland train for a 10 hour trip to Melbourne where I'll catch up with my sister for a couple of weeks and Mum and Dad are coming down next weekend so the family can be together for Dad's 60th. Woo!

The Overland train - Adelaide to Melbourne

No comments:

Post a Comment