Saturday 27 October 2012

15/10/12 - 19/10/12


This week I spent slowly making my way from Dwellingup to Bunbury.
I spent a couple of days in Pinjarra which I found to be a delightful little town.
It's big enough to have all the services but not busy or touristy at all and clean and tidy with nice parks and waterway.
The staff at the Council offices, library and tourist information centre were all very friendly without over-doing it.

Pinjarra Bridge

I like Pinjarra...nice place

I met a bloke who was travelling with his partner, baby girl and dog and living out of a sedan while they waited to buy a van. I don't know how they were doing it as it gets a bit cosy in Freda at times with just me in it.
One day I took a drive into Mandurah to have a bit of a look as there were a lot of people who I met on The Ghan who were from Mandurah.

Mandurah

Canals....
I then spent the next couple of days finishing off a new song called "Livin' The Dream" which came out of nowhere on the last night of the Dwellingup Festival - it has a Bruce Springsteen meets Slim Dusty vibe. Hrmmmm

Rest Stop #1

Rest Stop #2 .....moo!
I passed few a few other nice little towns on my way to Bunbury including a place called Harvey which again, seemed like a nice little town.


No comments:

Post a Comment