Saturday 27 October 2012

22/10/12 -26/10/12


This week I spent a few days travelling down the south west coast which is a pretty nice area with heaps of wineries, boutique breweries, beaches and forests.
The first day I travelled through Busselton and Dunsborough - there were scattered showers all day so I did more driving than stopping.
By the afternoon though, most of the showers had cleared and there were some great views at Sugarloaf Rock....

I'm pretty impressed with the lining up of this selfy
both natural...

The view from Sugarloaf Rock
...and man made...

Hot chick on a skateboard
Then I continued my drive south where I stayed at the Gracetown Caravan Park for the next couple of days.



The next day I went to Margaret River for a look around and ended up spending about 4 hours walking around the forest trails behind the township.
On Wednesday I went to Prevelly which is where the Margaret River empties out into the ocean.

Where Margaret River meets the sea

I then drove further south towards Augusta through forest landscapes that were very reminiscent of Lord of The Rings.
Someone else must have thought the same thing and had drawn fairy wings on the children crossing sign which I thought was cute and makes a change from the typical "Draw a big pair of balls on the kangaroo sign" which were everywhere up north!

Tree lined roads... take me home....
The lighthouse at Augusta represents the most south western part of mainland Australia and where the Southern and Indian Oceans meet.

Lighthouse at Augusta
I camped that night at Alexandra Bridge where the wildlife was out and about.

Thankfully John's camera has a more than decent zoom
On Thursday I made my way to the small town of Nannup.

Nannup Hotel - 3 people in there on Thursday night (including the barman)
That night at the caravan park I met a couple of girls - one was a sheep farmer, the other a dairy farmer and they were both in town for an agricultural expo on the next day. They were both very down to earth "country girls" though one was lactose intolerant and had no qualms letting rip all night with farts that would have made Dad proud.  Needless to say, a lot of laughs were to be had...farts will ALWAYS be funny.

Heather (she wasn't the farting one)



No comments:

Post a Comment