Monday 1 October 2012

24/09/12 - 26/09/12


After reluctantly leaving Coral Bay behind I was off further south today.
I stopped in at Canarvon for a bit of a look around and some lunch - there was a strange mood about the place as on the weekend, alcohol restrictions were put in place for a couple of days which the general community were not real happy about.
There wasn't a lot to see or do there but there was a long pier...

My....that's a long one...
The rest stop tonight was high up on a lookout which had fantastic views but if I had my time again I think I would have chose a more sheltered spot as the wind HOWLED all night long.

Benefits of camping on a hill

Ahooy thaaaaar neighbouroooonies!!
The next day I was off to the World Heritage Shark Bay area, which, I guess had a rugged beauty to it.

Rugged beauty...bit like me (lolz)

I passed through Denham then drove on to Monkey Mia. I was too late for the dolphin feeding so set up camp for the night so I could be up bright and early tomorrow to see Flipper.
The next day it was Dolphin Time.

Surfers must shit themselves when they're out there on the water and see something like this


After a brief talk by the rangers, a couple of dolphins came in and some people were picked to feed them.
These days you're not allowed to touch the dolphins or go anywhere near them really so the whole things was a bit of a novelty but I supposed I can say I've done it now.

G'day

Add caption

Feeding time
To be honest, I found this turtle more interesting...

Hero in the half shell  TURTLE POWER!



No comments:

Post a Comment