Saturday 27 October 2012

20/10/12 - 21/10/12


Bunbury turned on wonderful weather for the weekend.
I stayed with Mum's Uncle Keith and Aunty Rowie who made me feel so welcome and made sure I was well fed and watered for my journey further south.
On Saturday I drove into Bunbury town for a look around.
The town was busy but not ridiculously so and it was nice to wander around.

Best street in town...
I went to the Art Gallery which you couldn't have missed, given its garish pink colour, and I was quite impressed with the artwork on display - particularly by younger artists.

Think pink
I went to the Dolphin Discovery Centre which was a little lame but a good time killer for an hour or so.

Virtual dolphins....good imagination needed
There was also a pretty big lookout over the city.

Bunbury City
Then it was time to head back "home" for a cold can of Emu beer and a lovely home cooked meal.

Uncle Keith, Aunty Rowie (in the kitchen) and Me

On the Sunday, David came down from Bunbury and Uncle Keith and I went for a drive around the neighbourhood and caught up with his kids and grandkids.
It was so good to be around family again and it has given me a much needed boost to handle the next few weeks before heading east again.
So it was with a heavy heart that I left Uncle Keith and Aunty Rowie and their little dog Dora who kept me entertained the whole time I was there.

Feet licker extraordinaire Dora
I'm off further south now with gigs at Manjimup and Albany on the next couple of weekends before volunteering at the Blues at Bridgetown Festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment