Monday 1 October 2012

27/09/12 - 30/09/12


The next few days I just continued my journey south towards Perth.. man! This is a big country!
Today I experienced my first shower of rain in a long time...it was strange to be mildly incovenienced by it after not having to account for the weather since being in the NT and northern WA.
I took a detour off the main highway to Kalbarri and was glad as I did as the wildflowers were out on display, and again the photo really doesn't capture what it was like to drive along "Wildflower Way" (that's not actually the name of it, but it's MY name for it)...

"Wildflower Way"
Kalbarri was a nice enough sort of place and on the way further south, there were these lakes, let's call them "The Pink Lakes", which were, erm, bright pink!

"Pink Lakes"
On the way towards Geraldton I got off the main highway (had a gutful of road trains by now) and on to a country road which wound it's way through some spectactular rolling hills and rural countryside.

Look at those colours...and that captivating "No Fires" sign...

The next day was AFL grand final day and what a great game it was! I watched it at a place called Lancelin which is just another sleepy coastal town that I assume only wakes up during the summer holidays.
The day after I finally made it into Perth after a brief stop at Guilderton. Hello Perth! Time to get my car and guitar serviced then I can relax again...

"Kids, what did I tell you about pissing in the river???!?"


No comments:

Post a Comment