Sunday 16 September 2012

14/09/12 - 16/09/12


The scenery driving into Broome was not what I expected - it was really quite dirty and uninspiring and if you didn't know what awaited when you got there you wouldn't bother.
Fortunately I kept going and was greeted by palm trees, white sand and brilliantly blue ocean.

Boab trees and blue ocean.. must be Broome!

I spent the next three days just checking the place out in the mornings and afternoons then chilling out at the beach or the pool during the day.
It has really started to heat up over the past couple of days, and I didn't think I'd say it, but I'm actually looking forward to heading south and getting a bit or respite from it.
My guitar has not fared all that well in the heat either and needs some adjustements made before it is playable again so unfortunately that means no gigs for me again until I get it fixed in Perth. I took it to the music shop here in Broome and apparently there are no luthiers in town which is a complete bummer as I've got quite used to having my guitar help pay my way around so far - oh well, it is what is is.
So anyway, other things I saw when out and about included:

Down town Broome

Outdoor cinema

Markets.. these were actually well attended but my picture doesn't reflect this

Some spot starting with "G" which I can't be bothered trying to spell let alone pronounce...I guess that would make it the "G Spot"  (Mum, this joke was supplied my Amanda, not me)
But I guess one of the most famous aspects of Broome is Cable Beach. It was nice, with blue water and white sand, and maybe I'm becoming a bit complacent, but in the end, it's just another beach. Though the sunsets were nice.

Cable Beach....blue water..nice!

Nice place for a .....white weddingeh!

Just another sunset....
One day the beach was covered in all these jellyfish. Apparetnly they don't sting you but make you itchy if you touch them. Nice.

Jellyfish or rogue breast implant? Hrmmm
So that's Broome. Time to head south now with the main destination being Perth and Fremantle.

No comments:

Post a Comment