Thursday 13 September 2012

6/09/12 - 10/09/12


Today Gary and Leanne confirmed that I could do gigs again on Friday and Sunday nights and I was invited to go on one of the sunset tours of Lake Argyle on Saturday - sweet!
All the staff at the resort were really friendly and couldn't have done any more to make me feel welcome and comfortable.
Friday night's gig was another success and I got little Hannah up on stage to sing her "Lake Argyle song" which was a hit with the audience.. it kinda went like this: "Lake Aaaaaaaaaaaargle.....Laaaaaaake Aaaaaaargyle" and repeat. haha
On Saturday afternoon I got on the boat for the Lake Argyle tour with Graham who was an excellent guide and again, very welcoming.

All aboard

You don't get a sense of how big the lake is until you're actually out there and when you're right in the middle of it you can understand why it is classed as an inland sea.
Here are some of the pictures I took whilst on tour:

"Come a bit closer and I'll show you what you can do with your camera, buddy"

Lazy buggers....

Lake Argyle

The inland sea
At sunset we were treated to beers and nibblies..oh, and a sunset...

Sunset 1

Sunset 2

Sunset 3

Sunday's gig was another success with young Hannah joined by another little girl who created their own "jumpy ballerina" interpretive dance to Mustang Sally which was a crack-up. I sold some more cds and a retired gentleman with a $35,000 Rolex gave me a $50 tip - nice.
As I was about to head to bed, there was a bit of a commotion and it was soon "discovered" by two French dudes that there was a little fire brewing in the park.
The little fire soon grew into something a little more serious and hoses were abandonded and backburning intitiated to stop the spread.
I'm not 100% sure whether the French guys were responsible for it but after the dodgy things I've seen French people doing on my travels so far, it would not suprise me one little bit.
So that was a fiery little ending to my Lake Argyle experience but I had a great time and have been invited back next year so I must have left a good impression. Thanks to Leanne, Gary, Charlie and everyone there for a great week.

French guys and fire....

.....don't mix.
PS. I saw this sticker on a caravan in the park - haha!




No comments:

Post a Comment