Thursday 13 September 2012

5/09/12


Well as fate would have it, when I was in Darwin, doing my laundry and flicking through a magazine while I waited, I read an article about the "Lake Argyle Resort".
I had never heard of it but since it was on my way West and the picture of the pool looked stunning I chanced my luck and asked them if I could go there and sing for my supper.
Fortunately they said yes and I found myself there for the next week, playing music for the guests by night and chilling out by the pool by day - tough life huh?!

Freda at Lake Argyle Resort
It may sound weird to be drawn to the place by a pool but check this out...

The Infinity Pool
But it gets better....



..and in case you didn't quite get that...


After forcing myself from the pool it was time to set up for the gig.

Setting up for the gig

Showtime!

The gig went well and I got some generous donations and sold a few cds.
The most generous of the donations were from Steph and Shaun from Darwin who decided I would be the perfect Dad for their "Change Baby".
The Change Baby is a plastic bag full of coins that they have collected over the past few months on their travels but haven't been able to get rid of.
It's called the Change Baby because it's obviously made from spare change but when driving along, Shaun has had to cradle it like a baby so it doesn't rattle or spill and, erm, die?
So I know it's a big responsibility but I agreed to take custody of Change Baby and thanks to Shaun and Steph for trusting me with your child.

Shaun and Steph say their goodbyes to "Change Baby"


No comments:

Post a Comment