Thursday 13 September 2012

2/09/12 - 4/09/12


From Katherine Gorge I travelled West for the next few days.
On the way, about five minutes out of Katherine I stopped at the Katherine Hot Springs which were pretty good.
Even though the camera doesn't pick it up well, the water was really blue.

Katherine Hot Springs
The drive west was through some pretty spectacular country though again, the camera really doesn't capture it.

The road is loooooong....
The rest stops I stayed at too, despite being pretty hot and dusty, were also in some pretty spectacular locations.

Nothing quite like a rocky outcrop
On the fourth I made it to the quarantine checkpoint at the border and after somehow resisting the temptation to make a dad joke to the rather serious border official about my roasted nuts which I bought in Katherine, I was across the border to WA - my first time in the state. Yay!

It's a "great place"

Quarantine.....

No comments:

Post a Comment