Friday 28 September 2012

17/09/12 - 20/09/12


The next few days just involved a LOT of driving. I'm getting a sense now of how massive WA actually is.
On my way down the coast I stopped at the various places along the way (Port Hedland, Karratha, Dampier etc) but there was a whole load of bugger all in between.

Ah. The Road.
Port Hedland was a hot, dirty, smelly, unwelcoming sort of place.

Port Hedland
After days of driving I just couldn't wait to get to Exmouth and Ningaloo Reef which a mate of mine raved about so I was slightly unimpressed when I got to the National Park at Exmouth to discover that all the campsites were booked out and if I maybe wanted a shot at one I'd have to line up super early the next morning. Great.

No need to jump, Freda, we'll get a camp spot tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment