Thursday 13 September 2012

29/08/12 - 31/08/12


Today it was time to leave Darwin.
I went down to Mindil Beach for my regular breakfast and morning "necessaries" and found the place had pretty much turned into a refugee camp for backpackers.
During my time in Darwin it was pretty well frequented as an unofficial backpacker hangout but for some reason today there were vans EVERYWHERE.
Anyways, I got away after lunch and made my way south, settling for the night at the Bridge Creek rest area about 35km south of Adelaide River.

Bridge Crek rest area

I ended up staying there the next day too as I was feeling like crap so didn't see the need to unecessarily move on.
The next day I continued south and stayed at Edith Falls.
This was a really good place to camp with good facilities, nice water holes and good bushwalking tracks.
As soon as I got there I went on a 10km hike to Sweetwater where I had the place to myself.

Sweet!.......Water!
Then I walked back via the top pool and bottom pools where the swimming was excellent.

Lower rock hole...Edith Falls...(she certainly does...as Rove would say..remember Rove?)
As the sun was setting I went around and took a few more pictures then settled in for the night. Destination Katherine Gorge tomorrow.

Edith Falls lagoon


No comments:

Post a Comment