Tuesday 7 February 2012

Day 11 05/02/12

Woke up reasonably early and went for a drive to find a suitable spot for breakfast.

Breakfast at Lakes Entrance - how's the serenity?

It is a beautiful morning and Lakes Entrance is really quite picturesque - I shouldn't have been so quick to judge it yesterday when I arrived all hot and bothered from my drive.
I caught up with Tim and we went out on his boat into Bass Strait and a little way up to one of the lakes.

View from the boat
Tim was a really good dude who knew quite a bit of stuff about the area and I learned quite a few boating terms and other nautical tips and tricks.

A couple of salty seadogs - Steve & Tim
In the afternoon I hit the road again, destination: Kilcunda.
I had spoken earlier in the week to Shaz who owns the Kilcunda Hotel with her husband Hoss. I actually found out about the pub from watching a travel show hosted by Nicky Buckley. I told Hoss this and he asked how he came up on tv and I said compared to Nicky Buckley you looked very ordinary and he confirmed that she is just as gorgeous in real life.
I met Corey who was already booked to play there this afternoon and he kindly allowed me to get up and play a few tunes.

Two gigs in two days - that has to be some kinda record for me!
He was a really nice dude and had a great pub rock voice and a repertoire of more than 300 songs I think he said, wow!

Corey doing his thang at the Kilcunda Hotel. Ps. The girl standing to the left of the pic was an absolute knock out - her b/f was a bit of a tool. What is it with cool chicks being with tools? I don't get it...
I probably go on a bit too much about how nice some people are, so I'll try not to do it too much BUT...you will NEVER meet a nicer couple than Shaz and Hoss. They made me feel so welcome from the second I walked through the door and were offering me food, drink and a place to chill out. I even had a slightly awkward conversation with Hoss in the pisser where he continued to assure me to just chill out, put my feet up because I'm in a good place with good people. What a wonderful bloke. So if you're ever down Kilcunda way, definitely drop by the pub, I know I will again for sure. Even if it's just a for a killer steak sandwich.

Best steak sanga....ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment