Friday 10 February 2012

Day 15 09/02/12

Today I awoke rather stiff and sore but after some gentle yoga and brekky I was ready to take on some more bush walking.
This morning I drove to the Darby River start point and made my way along the somewhat demanding walking track to Tongue's Point.
On the way I passed Fairy Cove and the views were again spectacular.





Tongue Point

After getting to Tongue Point I considered going a further 4km to Darby Saddle but I'm ashamed to admit it, after all the walking yesterday, my feet were saying "Please Steve, no more, let's go to the beach". So I belatedly listened to them and made my way back via this track:



I got back to the camp ground and had another ocean swim then it was time to have another glorious hot shower (I think every hot shower from here on in will be described as glorious). So after a couple of days of bush walking, swimming and showering I felt fully relaxed and recharged.


So fresh, so clean

The sun was getting low so it was time to high tail it outta there. I contemplated stopping for the night at Inverloch which I now knew well given my couple of nights there earlier in the week but decided to go further on down the road to Wonthaggi. This meant I'd have to drive 10km less tomorrow but more importantly I was making a statement to myself to keep taking risks and challenging myself and not falling into the trap of sticking to what I know. I could have quite easily stayed at Inverloch but by pushing on and staying somewhere different I now know more about Wonthaggi. It may not seem like a big deal but when you've grown up feeling a need to keep things consistent and doing your best to avoid any sort of change, it was a big step towards hopefully a new direction for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment