Sunday 25 March 2012

20/03/12 - 21/03/12

Today the aim was to get to Bathurst, travelling through the guts of NSW.
On the way I stopped at Cootamundra to check out the Captain's Walk and reminisced about the time I played cricket here representing the not so mighty Wagga West...from memory, we got our arses kicked.
Oh! I now have another camera tripod so that will hopefully make life a lot easier.

The return of the tripod

To give the tripod it's first hit out I thought I'd stop for lunch at Cowra and go up to the lookout.
The tripod worked fine but poor old Stevo was a bit too slow in racing to the bottom in his flip flops though I did manage to get my head JUST in frame.

Steve's head bottom left
Second go was a bit more successful though my pose leaves a lot to be desired.

Steve with his patented "Doing a poo" pose
I got to Bathurst around 4.30pm and thought I'd take Freda for a couple of laps around Mount Panorama.

Freda does Mt Panorama

The finish line

Freda tore up the mountain

.....and kicked arse on the straights
I then went for  a drive around the Bathurst campus of Charles Sturt University - the place where I did my first residential school about 10 years ago and it was EXACTLY how I remembered it...nothing had changed from the outside.
I then went into town to pick up some foodstuffs then it was off to the camp spot which was about a 30 minute drive out of Bathurst.
It was a great little spot right next to a babbling creek.

Camp spot (Freda to the right)

This is livin'
The next day I was gently roused awake by the sounds of the creek bubbling away - what a setting, what a life, eh.
The setting was so nice, the weather great and I was in no hurry to get anywhere so I decided to spend another night here.
I spent the day finishing off lyrics to another song which I had a tune for in my head whilst driving yesterday as well as some yoga, reading (finished the Andre Agassi autobiography - pretty good read) listening to the radio and working on my wildlife photography (ha!).

Rosellas
In the afternoon, I found a spot in the creek where the rushing water had hollowed out a perfect little hole in the stone to park your arse and have a natural spa bath - magnificent! The water wasn't too cold which is often the case with mountain water so that was good. "Two thumbs up day" today.

No comments:

Post a Comment