Friday 16 March 2012

Day 47 to 51 12/03/12 to 16/03/12

A lotta driving today.
I woke up in pretty good shape surprisingly, given the late night and ciders, vb's, coopers and what not that were consumed the night before.
I said goodbye to the gang, Bill was kind enough to buy a cd as well as giving me some tomatoes (score!), and then it was time for Steve and Freda to make the long drive back to Wagga.
A week ago I wasn't sure when I was going to head back before I continued on up north but Granma's house was flooded during the recent floods so I wanted to get back early in the week in case I was of any use in the clean up.
As it turns out, there was a lot of cleaning up to be done.
The flood water reached about 1.3metres throughout the house and there was a lot of damage.
The Army guys and gals did a great job in helping us move stuff out of the house then the fire brigade came in and helped hose and sweep the worst of the mud and crap out of all the rooms.
It was a bit of a shock to see the place but having seen first hand what the floods did to Brisbane last year kinda prepared me for what to expect.



Once the house was cleaned out, Dad and I tackled two of the back sheds, salvaging what we could and getting rid of anything that was wrecked.
Dad and I in front of Granma's place
And after a hard days work, there's nothing better than being able to custom design your own desert (ah, the luxury of having a fridge again!)

Mmmmm...Steve's custom made dessert consisting of ice cream, banana, choc chip cookies and milo

No comments:

Post a Comment