Sunday 25 March 2012

24/03/12 - 25/03/12

Gig day today.
I went to Taree for a bit of a look around then it was on to Old Bar which is just by the beach, not far from Taree to set up for the gig tonight.
The gig was at Martine's Cafe and Restaurant.
Owners Martine and John were really nice and it was good having a drink with them before the gig. They actually ran a hotel in Wagga before moving to Old Bar.
Good friends from Wagga, Peter, Janet and Deanne came along too so it was good to catch up with them.

Martine, Janet, Peter and Dea
Peter and Deanne were the first ones to encourage me to do my first open mic many years ago so I actually owe them a lot and it is weird to think that from that initial
encouragement I'm now travelling around doing gigs and selling my second Ep.
I felt a bit out of sorts in the first set but after the break I came out of my shell a bit more and started talking between songs (Peter said it was really good/funny and
should be an integral part of my show) but I must admit it was not planned, it just happens when I'm feeling nervous or on the rare occasion when I'm comfortable up
there.
I still find it really weird that I spend a lot of my time writing and thinking about music yet come gig time it's sometimes the last place I wanna be.
I took a photo from my vantage point out the front in between songs to prove I was actually playing to an audience - I think the crowd found that funny, but I was serious.

The view from behind the mic
In the break I got talking to locals Phil and Marion who seemed to like what I was doing and wondered if I was available to play their son's wedding in April.
Unfortunately I'll be at Bluesfest but they bought a cd and gave me some positive feedback which means so much.
I also sold another three cds at the end of the night so I think it was quite a success.

If you're ever around Old Bar, pop in and see Martine and John - I can recommend the pizza ...mmmm

Baring my soul to the world through song
The next day I caught up with Pete, Janet and Deanne again then spent the rest of the day at the beach, reading, writing and listening to music.
The colours of the sky and the ocean on sunset are still captivating me so I had to take yet another beach photo.

Old Bar beach at dusk

No comments:

Post a Comment