Thursday 1 March 2012

Day 31 - 25/02/12

All. Mosquitos. Are. Evil.
Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark! Worst night's sleep ever last night.
You know I don't like to deliberately kill anything but last night I made a few exceptions.
It was a hot night so I opened up the windows to get some fresh air and somehow a host of mozzies got under my guard and made my night a living nightmare.
These weren't your average dopey mozzies either, these were super-fast, super-smart and super-hungry monster mozzies from hell - I've never experienced anything like it.
Every couple of hours I would wake to being bitten, turn the light on, try to kill the little mongrels, give up, go back to sleep and then repeat the cycle for the next 8 hours - ugh!
After it became a bit beyond a joke, the swear words started to fly as my frustration grew. After one unsuccessful attempt to kill one in no uncertain terms I let it know that it was a "rotten little bastard mongrel prick" - haha!!
However, as the night became early morning, they eventually got a little sleepier and slower and I was able to make my move.
Here is a picture of the aftermath of my 5am mozzie massacre:

I hate killing things but these little bastards got what they deserved.
In the morning I was keen to get out of there and head to Geelong where the biggest multicultural festival in the southern hemisphere, Pako Fiesta was being held.
I got there just in time to catch the start of the parade with many nationalities and other local groups represented.

Tommy McOrangeBeard


The Three Amigos


Mmmmmm roller derby chick...




Irene from Home and Away even made an appearance:

Irene from Home & Away. I'm more of a Neighbours man myself...
It was hot as buggery so it was off to Amanda's in Melbourne for another catch up and ice-cold beer.
Later that night, Amanda, her friend Fotini and I went to The Espy to listen to some bands. The place had a pretty good vibe and it was good to check out the place where RockWiz is filmed and where so many bands have played over the years.
The bands we saw weren't all that great which got me thinking that I will need to try and work out a way of getting Stoner Pony a gig there some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment