Thursday 8 March 2012

Day 41 - 6/03/12

Well today it was time to make like TLC and go chase some waterfalls. Yeah!
But before I left the camp site there was another matter to attend to and I played a quick round of "toilet tennis" before setting off.
Who's up for some toilet tennis?

Toilet tennis! A game the whole family can play...one at a time...

The weather was pretty shitty and drizzly but I wasn't going to let that deter me - I could be dead tomorrow so gone are the days of putting things off or waiting for the right time. The right time is NOW!
Before I go on, I took heaps of pics but none of them do the views and the experience justice.
The first waterfall was Triplet Falls which would make a great location for a boy band video don't you think?

"Although we've come...to the eeeeeeeeend oooooof the roaaaaaad..."
Then Little Aire Falls:

Little Aire Falls
I then worked on my wildlife photography. Ignore the fact I had to knock it on the head to make it sit still:

That's a good butterfly
It was then off to Beauchamp Falls where the scenery leading to the Falls was just as good as the falls itself:

How's the serenity?
I tried to spot a platypus but nothing was doing unfortunately.

Beaucham Falls
I was a bit waterfalled out by mid afternoon but decided to go see one last one (Hopetoun Falls) as it was only a few more km's away.

Hopetoun Falls
Now that I've discovered I can also do video on my camera, I have put together a compilation video of the above Falls.
Just make sure you turn your head on the side.  And the expert singing commentary is courtesy of me, you're welcome.



The way back to the camping spot at Johanna was via about 30kms of this shitty windy, narrow road where you crap your daks every time a car comes in the opposite direction. Not cool.

The road is loooooong.....with maaany a winding turn...
Good day chasing waterfalls.

No comments:

Post a Comment