Thursday 1 March 2012

Day 30 - 24/02/12

I got up reasonably early and went for a brisk walk around Lake Wendouree on the Steve Monaghetti track.

Lake Wendouree first thing in the morning

Steve Monaghetti track
I almost came a cropper, setting the timer and racing around on the mossy slats to get in the shot - now THAT would have made a funny photo:

Don't slip over white boy...
After some brekky it was then time to check out the Ballarat Aquatic Centre and go for a swim! Yeah!
The place was pretty much packed with people at each end of the age scale with young 'uns and oldies.
I figured it would look slightly less dodgy if I jumped in with the oldies so that's what I did.
After the swim it was time for my first nude public shower since I was a kid...there's nothing quite like getting your gear off in front of a bunch of blokes you don't know...
I then went to the Botanic Gardens feeling very relaxed and refreshed and did some writing.

"Even if we're just blogging in the park" (Sung to the tune of Springsteen's "Dancing in the dark")
It was then off to the Library to upload some more blogs.
After dinner I drove to the little town of Meredith which is basically half way between Ballarat and Geelong to settle in for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment