Tuesday 17 April 2012

10/04/12 Post Bluesfest Blues

Time to leave Bluesfest behind today and get back to the real world, whatever that is.
I said my goodbyes to the camping crew and went to make my way into Byron Bay to spend the day.
As I was driving out of the festival site, I had this really awful sense of loss as it was a great five days and now it was all over. Oh well.
However, the road into Byron was jam packed with cars so I decided to turn around and spend the day in the not so busy Brunswick Heads.
I got back to Byron Bay at about dinner time and ordered a pizza then went for a walk while I waited for it to be cooked.
On my way back this old hippy dude, said "Steve, your pizza's ready" and I said thanks but was a little perplexed as to how he knew my name and also that my pizza was ready given no one was around when I ordered it. Weird.
Later that night I went to The Rails Hotel where it turns out Matt Southon was playing so I said a quick g'day and took a seat next to a girl called Amanda, here in Byron for Bluesfest from Dubbo.
We had a good chat for a few hours while Matt played and she even bought me a couple of beers, which was nice.
I've booked accommodation at a Hostel for the rest of the week apart from tonight so I headed back out on the highway and camped at the Tyagarah rest stop for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment