Wednesday 25 April 2012

17/04/12 - 25/04/12


The next few days just involved catch-ups and what not with the good friends I had made during my time in Brisbane which was exciting for me but maybe not so much for you, dear reader, so I won't go into it in great detail.
I caught up with Aurel On Wednesday night and he was stoked to play some tunes for the Music Kafe crowd. His version of "Blue Suede Shoes" in his Swiss/French accent brought the house down.
Thursday night I had a few too many jugs of beer with John at the RE which reminded me of why I don't drink all that much any more.
I caught up with James from The Common Trees and we worked on some new material which is starting to come together really well.
Saturday night, Bill kindly shouted a lovely dinner at a nearby Italian Restaurant as thanks for helping him with some yard work earlier that day - what a champ!

Claudia, Bill (Joe) and Me (Steve/Neil)
Sunday I caught up with my old workmate Amy over chi tea at West End then it was off to the Sherwood RSL Club for catch ups with Michelle, Majella and Teresa.

Amy and Steve catching up at Three Monkeys

Majella and Michelle go for a ride in Freda (Are you happy now girls? You have  now made it into my world famous blog!)
Michelle also took some pics of me and her beautiful puppy dog, Fletcher.

Fletcher and I - what a gorgeous little pup

That night, John invited me around for some of his phenomenal curry which didn't disappoint. Afterwards we got a bit inspired and John put together a video for new Grove Street housemate David (pronounced "Darvid") who is from the Czech Republic and wants to get married so he can stay here.
John interviewed him and I provided the backing music for the video piece. It was pretty much a parody of "Farmer wants a wife" but instead we called it "David wants a wife".  We can't post the video publicly until David goes back home as it may compromise his visa if it gets out while he's still here. As soon as he's gone though, I'll post the video for you to see - it's well worth a watch.

John interviews David for "David wants a wife"

The rest of my time in Brisbane was spent catching up with friends which was fun.
On Anzac day I caught up with a good mate of mine, Cain at the Story Bridge Hotel and I tried in vain to do a "selfy" of the both of us. Laughing at the fact I don't have a phone with a decent camera, Cain whipped out his new smart phone and attempted to take a photo of the both of us which was equally as fruitless.
Seems like we're a couple of old timers now - I'm stuck in the past, and Cain can't get a handle on the new technology.
Ah well, catching up with Cain was a good way to end my Brisbane visit.
Time to hit the road again tomorrow. Destination: further north.

Take 1: Steve and Cain

Take 2: At least it is focused but I still need more practice aye



No comments:

Post a Comment