Wednesday 25 April 2012

16/04/12


Time to leave Byron today.
I said my goodbyes to my Swiss mate Aurel and said I'd see him in Brisbane where I'd organise for him to play a few songs at The Music Kafe on Wednesday.
It was a bit strange, driving back to the city which I left late last year.
It was even stranger driving straight to my old share house, just like old times.
I caught up with my mate John who ended up taking my old room then later that afternoon I went around to Joe (or Bill)'s place which would be my home for the next few nights.
I probably should clear up the "Joe/Bill" thing. Joe's real name is Bill but when I met him he was Joe and he is only just becoming Bill to me. On the other hand, Bill calls me "Neil" after I did a Neil Young song at an open mic night when we first met.
It all got a bit confusing for a while there but it all works out in the end.
Anyways, Bill's mate Langers (real name Dave) came around a bit later and we had a bit of a catch up over beers and acoustic guitars then headed into the Jubilee Hotel for the Monday night jam.
I got up and played a few tunes with Bill on bass, Langers on lead and Biggie P (real name Paul) on drums. It was a fun night and good intro back to old Brissie Town.

No comments:

Post a Comment