Saturday 14 April 2012

9/04/12 Bluesfest Day 5

I woke up and had a breakfast beer with Will who kindly offered me a VB to celebrate the last day of Bluesfest.
We were on the early volunteer shift today which worked out well as we could get it out of the way then enjoy the rest of the afternoon and night.
So it was back to the kitchens for a couple of hours but then a couple of us were put on the Mojo stage, where again there wasn't much to do besides hang out back stage and watch the bands - tough life huh?
I saw Blitzen Trapper from the side of stage and then again we were let off early to enjoy the rest of the fest.
I said goodbye to my volunteer pals then went into the festival to soak up what was left.
There was no one in particular that I wanted to see so I just stage hopped and ended up seeing bits and pieces of Claude Hay, Ray Beedle, Joanne Shaw Taylor, Dawes and Mason Rack.
Then it was back to the camp site for a shower, dinner and a couple of beers, again kindly provided by Will - what a champion.
Back at the festival I did some more stage hopping but closed the night out with sets by Zappa plays Zappa and Yes. Both were very weird but in a good way, I think.
Some random dude gave me a drink voucher that he wasn't gonna use so that was icing on a particularly tasty Bluesfest cake.
So that was a Bluesfest - my first one and I had a great time.
I saw some great music, met some wonderful people and the organisation, weather and general atmosphere could not have been better.
I will definitely be back and if you've never been, I'd recommend you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment