Saturday 14 April 2012

7/04/12 - Bluesfest Day 3

Volunteering started at 2pm today.
There wasn't a lot to do so we were merged with another team and sent out into the festival grounds to pick up litter.
This suited me fine as I was able to wander around the stages where the people I wanted to see were playing.
I caught Seasick Steve for the first time and a few others.

Picking up rubbish at Bluesfest
Today was a particularaly social day today - everyone I've met has been so friendly and chatty from paid workers, fellow volunteers, to the general punters.
After I finished my shift and had some dinner I ran into Matt Southon whom I met at the Goulburn Blues Festival years ago but hadn't seen since. We had a bit of a chat and he said he'd let me know of a few contacts for gigs in north Queensland which may prove handy.
After dinner I snapped a pic of Steve Earle who was signing autographs then went and caught the first 20 minutes of Donovan's set which I didn't think much of so left.

Donovan - Didn't do much for me...
I then went over to the main stage and saw the end of Brian Setzer's set which had the crowd going off, then I positioned my way a few rows back for John Fogerty.
The last time I saw Fogerty in Australia was at a winery in Victoria and I didn't enjoy it that much because I spent the whole time trying to keep warm.
This wasn't a problem tonight as the tent was warm with everyone packed in to see him.
He played the album "Cosmo's Factory" from start to finish then finished the night off with some more favourites.
Another great day of music.

John Fogerty

No comments:

Post a Comment