Monday 2 April 2012

27/03/12 - 29/03/12

The next few days were pretty cruisy, heading further north and checking out a few little coastal places on the way.
Tuesday was spent driving to Crowdy Head where I drove up to the lighthouse to see the view of Crowdy Bay and beyond.

Freda overlooking Crowdy Bay...how's the serenity?

Lighthouse on the hill
I then spent some time in Harrington and walked the breakwall which is at the junction of where the Manning River meets the ocean.

The break wall at Harrington
The rest area I stayed at turned out to be pretty good with a nearby creek and big tall trees so I spent the next day as a "holiday day", playing guitar, listening to the radio and finishing off the Powderfinger book. I got talking to a bloke who was heading north with his wife - I soon added him to the list of people besotted by Freda.
The next day I continued the journey north, stopping at New Haven for a jog, swim and a shower. I had initially planned just a brief run but ended up doing two laps of the beach which took me a couple of hours - felt good to be running again though I think my calves are gonna feel it in a couple of days after all that sand jogging.

I'm filing this pic under "What the hell am I doing?" I've tried to work it out, but I have no idea..a pained karate chop at the beach, perhaps? What a weirdo...
I then made it to Port Macquarie and caught up with Deanne who has kindly allowed me to stay with her for the weekend.
First impressions of Port Macquarie were very good - heaps of beaches, good library and a big enough CBD area without being too busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment