Thursday 19 July 2012

10/7/12


To say today was uneventful would be a drastic understatement.
It rained all night and I awoke, bleary eyed, to this lovely view from Freda's bed:

Rain, rain go away...

The plan today was to just drive towards Mt Isa until I got sick of driving, then stop.
However, I got 60km out of Charters Towers and was met with this:

Egh...
So I gathered amongst the crowd and watched as some idiots decided to run the "water gauntlet".

Challenger! Ready!!

I asked a pretty rough looking dude if he'd mind taking a picture of me and he said yes as long as I did the "W" Westside sign....egh....great.
So I ended up doing a double "W" which I told him was for "Wagga Wagga" and he laughed, fortunately.

Michelle, please don't comment on my hands...it's the angle/lighting!

After that we all just went back to our vehciles and waited for the water to drop.
I did some reading, listened to music and had a few random chats with people walking by to check out the latest situation.

I ended up piffing that blue towel later that night..it stunk

I waited until 4pm and a portly bloke advised me it looked as though the water wasn't going to drop until at least 7pm so I decided to cut my losses and head back to Charters for the night.
Fingers crossed (not in a W!) that the road will be clear tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment