Thursday 19 July 2012

13/7/12


Friday the 13th today (boogidy, boogidy).
I hit the road and tuned into a radio station which freakishly stopped on the AM frequency "666" and the dulcet tones of Alan Jones (make of that what you will).
Today was just another driving day but that's ok.
After having a gutful of Alan Jones after 10 seconds, I plugged my Ipod into the stereo and the hours melted away.
I stopped at Camoweel to fuel up and at the Qld/NT border for the obligatory photo.

Down on the border...
Two things I don't get sick of out here is the cool cloud formations and the brilliant sunsets.

Check out those colours
When I got to my campspot I met Roy, Peta, Mini and Warren who kindly invited me to have dinner with them - the grey nomads have been so nice to me on my travels - bloody champions!

Peta and Mini to the right
Tonight I spent half an hour before bed just gazing up at the stars. After a warm day in the car, there is a nice breeze tonight and when it got completely dark it was like God switch the lights on and a whole host of stars instantly appeared. Magnificent.

No comments:

Post a Comment