Thursday 19 July 2012

15/7/12


Another highlight day "on tour' today.
The destination today was the famous Daly Waters Pub.

Daly Waters Pub
I got there and met the lovely Robyn who gave me a camping spot and said I will get a free feed and beers tonight.

Prime spot near the stage.....and toilets

I also met Chilli who is the main act every night and a nice bloke. He showed me where I'd be playing and the PA I'd be using.
It was then time for me to take a few pics around the place and do a bit of yoga as I pulled up a bit sore after my jog yesterday.

Note the brazierres hanging to the left

Aussie-as

Thong Tree!

Before I knew it, it was showtime and I got up on stage and did my thing.
I didn't know what to expect from the crowd, whether they'd be rough and demanding, subdued, respectful, or whether I'd just be background music while they ate.
It turns out they were really into it and it will go down as one of my most memorable gigs yet.

Daly Waters crowd - goodonya!

Chilli took this pic of me in between songs

I was asked to play a little ditty which I wrote earlier this year called "Somewhere where I'm not" twice and actually finished with it and surprisingly it brought the house down! WTF??
It was a fantastic atmosphere with the crowd clapping along and singing and it's been a long while since I've been so keyed up after a gig.
Afterwards I was selling cds, signing autographs, having pictures taken, it was all very amusing.

Me and old mate

So that's what it feels like to have your 15 seconds of fame I guess.
I caught up with Noel and crew from a few days ago as well as Mini and crew who I have now creepily run into three days in a row now.
The night was topped off with a nice feed of barra all washed down with a few beers.
Another top night.




No comments:

Post a Comment