Thursday 19 July 2012

9/7/12

Well today it was time to leave the warm and comforting bosom that was Undara and move back into "Solo Steve" mode again. Before I hit the road, I gave young Freda a bit of a wash down which I think she enjoyed.

Freda to the left, Spud to the right
I said my goodbyes to the staff at Undara and then it was time to hit the road.

The road is loooong....and not very wiiinding..

It was a pretty shitty day in all, given I spent the whole time driving, I had a leaky valve in one of my tyres so I wasn't sure if I was gonna make it or not, the weather was shitty and windy, I was leaving some good people behind and I was all by myself again.
But I took a teaspoon of concrete and fortunately made it to Charters Towers without the tyre blowing out, got it fixed and made my way to the Roadhouse parking bay to spend the night.
This was the wonderful view from Freda at night.

mmmmmm Roadhouse Blues

No comments:

Post a Comment