Thursday 19 July 2012

11/7/12


It rained again for a little while last night so it was with trepidation that I set off again this morning in my bid to get to Darwin.
Thankfully the road was open and after a deep breath, Freda and I took the plunge.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
I drove for a couple of hours then stopped at Hughenden for fuel and spotted a dinosaur.

The Megasorearse

Now the next photo you may find a little disturbing but I think I need to document it in an attempt to "keep it real".
There is no doubt that my travels this year have been great fun and I wouldn't take back any of my experiences (good and bad).
But it's not all beer and skittles, sometimes it's just freakin' hard but it's been good for me because I now know that no matter how low I get for whatever reason, I can suck it up and bounce back, no worries, mate!
So I was driving along, thinking, and a whole host of things combined in my head and I just started crying!
I think it was a combination of a lot of things: being on the road alone again, staying at a scummy roadhouse two nights in a row, leaving the lovely people at Undara, and listening to a segment on ABC radio with Richard Fidler that hit pretty close to home. I then hit a butterfly of all things (yeah, I know!) and I just totally lost my shit.
I had to pull over as unfortunately they have not yet developed windscreen wipers for eyes and I sobbed my little sensitive singer-songwriter heart out for a couple of minutes then I was right as rain!

Boo hoo.....

If I had ovaries (and a calendar) there may have been a reasonable explanation for such an outburst but alas no.
By the time I hit Richmond for lunch, took a few deep breaths and went for a walk around the lake, I was all good again.

Check out those clouds..and the reflection on the water

No more tears boy, you're livin' the dream!

The rest of the day was spent driving. I pulled up at about 4pm at a rest stop 66km of Cloncurry and met Greg and Margaret from the Gold Coast who were really nice and on their way back home after visiting Lawn Hill.
All that was left to do then was to cook up some dinner and enjoy another beautiful outback Qld sunset.

Sunset

That thing to the right isn't a UFO, it's a plane...looks pretty cool though huh?




No comments:

Post a Comment