Thursday 12 July 2012

16/6/12


After a less than successful gig last night I lied in bed for a while watching some Saturday morning Rage - ah! the luxuries of having a TV if only for an hour or two.
I hung around in the bar for most of the morning til I plucked up the courage to hit the (dirt) road on my way back to Georgetown and my possible date with destiny (or death).

Diddle ing ding ding dingdingdingding

When I got there I was informed by Janelle that the gig had been cancelled as there were two social functions on tonight which literally drowned the town's entire population.
I was disappointed by not being able to do the gig, but after the gig last night, I wasn't devastated.
Without thinking, I asked for a pub room anyway, not knowing if I'd be charged for it or not and spent the afternoon and night learning Paul Kelly's "Leaps and Bounds" and "To her door". This was in response to an old bloke at Mt Garnett who politely asked me if I knew any Paul Kelly and all I could do was "Dumb Things".

Will or won't I have to pay for my pub room? Who knows?
I crashed out pretty early, a Georgetown lynching successfully avoided.

No comments:

Post a Comment