Thursday 12 July 2012

Undara Friends


As I have mentioned, all the staff at Undara were of different ages and backgrounds but they were all really nice people and I'm glad to have met them from the main management team to the kitchen and reception staff, maintenance men, tour guides, cleaners and admin staff.
One of the main managers, Kane, could not have been more accommodating and said that I always have a home at Undara, which was nice.
Two of my favourites though were backpackers Lulu (from France) and Ronja (from Germany) who kept me laughing the whole time I was at Undara.
They met each other in Sydney and have been travelling together ever since and in a lot of ways acted like an old married couple - it was funny to watch!
Lulu sprained her ankle when she first got to Undara so wasn't able to work in the first week I was there.
When I found out she could sing and just bought a harmonica, I spent some of my first afternoons teaching her how to play the harmonica and we worked on a few songs that we would eventually sing together at the camp fire including "Wonderwall", "TNT" and "To her door".
Ronja was also a champion, full of beans and always a lot of fun to be around.
I'm happy to have met these two and wish them well for the rest of their travels.
They have recently bought a van which they have named "Spud Sanchez". "Spud" coming from the name of a pig dog of another staff member and "Sanchez" from the brand of guitar that came with their van. Apparently they're going to paint a big moustache on the front so if you see a dodgy looking mexican van hurtling down the road, I suggest you give it a very wide berth!!

Ronja (left) and Lulu with our bowls of icecream and coco pops...yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment