Wednesday 4 July 2012

13/6/12


Oh! The cold!!!
Talk about brass monkey weather! The days are lovely but I didn't realise how cold it gets over night out here!
Luckily I was camped metres away from the hot springs which I gladly took advantage of before brekky.
I headed off about midday to Mt Garnet which was about 30 minutes down the road.
When I got there I had some lunch in the park then went to the Tourist Info place and had a bit of chat to the three oldies there who were all very nice.
It was then off to the pub where I am playing a gig tonight after the State of Origin.
I got there and was greeted by the young manager, Darby, who showed me to my room and was very welcoming.
I could barely contain my excitement of actually having my own room for the night! The last time that happened was on the 25th of April in Brisbane...not that I'm counting!!

mmmmmmm roofage...

So I bummed about, had some dinner, watched the State of Origin (go the Blues!) and then it was showtime.
I didn't know how it was all gonna go given the crowd, and the fact that Qld lost but I had a great time and a great gig.
There were people of all ages, shapes, sizes and colour and everyone just seemed to be loving the fact that there was someone there playing music.
This is such a refreshing change from a lot of other gigs where people look like they couldn't care less.
They were dancing around, singing, laughing and having a great old time and it restored my faith in a lot of things.
A few locals shouted me some beers and one bloke came up to me at the end and said my mix of songs was perfect for the occasion and the crowd. This was something that I was very happy to hear as it's one thing I get concerned about before gigs as I do try to please.
I didn't take any pics on the night (but I should have) so here are a couple of pics I took the next day of the pub and the place where I played, next to the roaring fire.

Mount Garnet Hotel.....rockin'

This is where I played the night before...if I sucked that could have quite easily been MY head over the fireplace

Oh....

*snigger*


No comments:

Post a Comment