Wednesday 4 July 2012

12/6/12


I'm on the road again.....
Today I hit the road inland through the Tablelands.
The views were pretty spectacular, winding through the mountains.

Bloody beeeeeeeeeewdiful

I drove through Atherton but there didn't seem to be much to see.
I continued on and took a few pics of a wind farm. There's something pretty eery about the big fans with their size and the sound they make.

My Dad's been described as a human wind farm...
It was then off to Ravenshoe, the highest town (with the highest pub) in Queensland.

Highest Pub - Ravenshoe

And then to my final resting stop for the day at a place called Innot Hot Springs.
The place doesn't have much apart from the pub and the caravan park.
But the caravan park also doubles as a "leisure spa" with 5 natural thermal pools of varying temperatures.
The creek that runs beside the park is hot water with water hottest closest to the bridge and getting cooler the further down stream you get.
People who don't want to pay the $6 for the pools just go down there, dig themselves a hole and sit in the natural warm water.
One woman at the park said you have to be careful though as she actually scalded her feet when she was taking a short cut over to the pub one morning.
So I wasted no time availing myself of the hot spring pools which were delightful.
Just sitting there I could sense all the tensions of the past week melting away and feel myself getting younger. Whether this was a result of the hot springs or the fact I was surrounded by wrinkly old people twice my age, who knows!
Yes, it was interesting sitting half naked and chatting to all the old grey nomads..if I could have taken a picture I would have....Steve and the nomads! haha

Innot Hot Springs...the only thing hotter was the grey nomads...

All jokes aside, it was good to be amongst the grey nomads again. I got talking to Steve and Denise from Melbourne and they ended up inviting me over to their campervan for dinner, which was nice.
So yeah, a good day to be alive and back on the road again. Mojo returned.



No comments:

Post a Comment