Saturday 19 May 2012

10/5/12

As it was quite late when I got to the camp spot last night I couldn't really see much but I figured it had to be called "Blue Water" for a reason so after brekky I went for a bit of a walk and found a lovely creek and yep, the water was blue-as (though the photo really doesn't show the extent of it).

Water was bluer in real life...honest!
Today was mostly a travel day but I stopped for lunch at Mission Beach. The beach or the place wasn't much to speak of, a bit like Aerlie Beach.

Mission Beach

Hangin' 10 at Mission Beach
The scenery on the way into Cairns was pretty good with everything being so green and lush.

Pyramid Mountain

I got into Cairns at about 3.30pm and oriented myself with the place. The Esplanade and Lagoon area seems pretty nice - kinda like Brisbane's Southbank area.
Later that night I went to an open mic at a bar called "12 Bar Blue" and did 4 songs, the manager really liked "Ballad of Joe" so that song is riding a bit of a wave of popularity at the moment. I met a couple of local musos and had a pretty good night.

Open mic night at 12 Bar Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment