Wednesday 9 May 2012

30/4/12


After a morning meeting, I was put to work with Peter and Paul (no Mary), cutting and cleaning up bamboo poles for the flags that will be put up around the Festival site.
Having to wield a machette made me feel quite manly in a "that's not a knife" kinda way.

Peter and Paul putting up one of the many flags

Doing this took us up to midday and we had a break for lunch where a beautiful array of food was put on for us to refuel.
After lunch I went down to the front gate where I met Claire who seems pretty nice, Rob who seems like a pretty laid back character and Fred who seems to insist on being called "Ranga".

Fred (or Ranga), Claire and Rob

Soon after, a truck load of hay bales arrived so I helped to unload them.
There was nothing much more to do today so I was encouraged to go and check out the waterhole/creek which was absolutely beautiful.

What a lovely setting for a Festival

Setting slightly spoilt by a man in flannel

After a shower, I went over to Fred's camp and had a beer then another beaut dinner was put on for us all.
It was then back to Fred's camp for more beer and a chat. He's a Pom and is turning out to be quite a character.
This is his first time at a festival and first time camping. Apparently he went to BCF before coming here and just went to town buying what seems like half the store! How he fitted it all in his car I don't know.
He's even got a hammock and base which is proving to be quite a good thing to kick back and chill out in - very comfy.



No comments:

Post a Comment