Wednesday 9 May 2012

27/04/12


I woke up today in a pretty dark mood. I think it was just a shock to the system of being back on the road again by myself after spending a week and a half in familiar surroundings with friends in Brisbane.
The weather this morning was perfect so I did some yoga which helped me get out of my funk.

Yoga man, Yoga man, does whatever a yogi can...


John was generous enough to loan me his really good camera that he no longer uses so I'm looking forward to seeing what sort of results I can get with it.
My first stop today was in Hervey Bay. I didn't stay too long, just went to the pier and had a bit of a look around, the beaches were pretty crap and the town didn't seem all that interesting so I decided to keep moving on.

Stop "piering" at me (haha)

Jumping the shark
I soon began to drive through sugar cane country which is VERY north Qld.

View from the road, view from the road, if I keep doing this I'll be squashed like a toad

I drove through Bundaberg which seems like a pretty old timey sort of town with memorials everywhere. I didn't stop in Bundy but kept going through to a little place called Bargara and had some lunch but the weather was closing in so it wasn't all that pleasant.
I went up to the lookout and took some pics. The brown soil was a stunning contrast to the lush green vegetation.

Greens and browns...
I also had to get a pic of myself with the sugar cane:

Sugar cane! YEAH!

It was then on to a place called 1770 which i decided to go to simply because of its cool name.
The weather was very ordinary by the time I arrived so I went to the pub and got talking to Terry from Brisbane who was celebrating his 51st birthday with a few beers.




No comments:

Post a Comment