Wednesday 9 May 2012

8/5/12


Sad day of goodbyes today.
I tell you, I have never given and received so many hugs in my life! haha
I swapped contact details with a few people who have invited me to stay with them if I'm ever in their area again.
My intention was to hit the road by mid morning but by lunch time I was still there saying my goodbyes!
Apart from the cash prize for winning the songwriting comp, the other two prizes were a 12 man tent and a night's accommodation at Aerlie Beach.
As Jen knew a 12 man tent was going to be pretty useless to me at the moment she decided to give me some money for it and the accommodation which she may use herself. I offered to donate the tent to the Festival but she would have none of it so I'm very fortunate to have some more cash which will help get Freda and I up to Cairns - very cool!
So after arriving at the Festival last Sunday, today I walked away with a few new mates, some great memories, plenty of laughs, a performance on the main stage, a songwriting award and some cash - what a week!
Once I have time to process and reflect on the week I will write more about it but for now I just wanted to get down what happened each day. I can't express what a wonderful time I had and it was potentially a very life changing experience for me in a number of ways. I will also post more pics if anyone sends some through to me.
So anyways, once I finally got away, I hit the road and continued north via Aerlie Beach.
I just went for a quick drive around town and over to a lookout. The beach wasn't all that impressive and there is a half finished Marina thing which looks hideous.
I did capture this photo as the water was so blue.

Blue bayou...

After that it was a three or four hour drive north to a Roadhouse just south of Townsville for the night.
I dared to hang out in the rec room and had a pretty awkward exchange with this rough looking bloke with no front teeth who would laugh maniacally for no good reason. I have a feeling they're only gonna get crazier the further north I get so it was good practice for things to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment