Wednesday 9 May 2012

28/04/12


Still adjusting to life on the road by myself again today.
It rained all night and was still pretty ordinary when I decided to get up.
The place that I parked for the night was pretty much opposite the pub and near a park where the toilet and cooking facilities were pretty swanky.

Freda at 1770
When there was a break in the weather I decided to take a few pics.

The place where ye olde Cap'n Cook landed at 1770

It was another day of driving today.
I stopped at Rockhampton and caught up with John who I think is being offered a job at the local newspaper.

The welcoming sign says.....EAT BEEF!

Rockhampton seems like a pretty nice sorta place. John and I had a quick beer then it was time to hit the road again.
I checked my Camps 6 book and my target was Carmilla which I made after dark. It was bloody frustrating trying to find the spot in the dark and I have now made a vow to not try and find a camp spot for the night after sunset - it's a complete pain in the arse not knowing where you're going or where exactly you're parking.


No comments:

Post a Comment