Sunday 20 May 2012

13/05/12 - 17/05/12

The next few days were just spent chilling out be it swimming at the lagoon, jogging along the esplanade, reading at the library, or being a mall rat at Cairns Central.

Boardwalk along the Esplanade...nice place for an early morning jog I think...

Cairns Esplanade

Lagoon area

Yep, that's right, minimum of 20 degrees overnight....brrrrrrr
I hadn't been around the lagoon area around mid-afternoon until one day when I went there for lunch and almost literally stopped in my tracks to see a carpet of lithe, tanned and all together goergeous backpackers sunning themselves in the balmy Cairns sun - they were EVERYWHERE. I didn't take any photos as that would have been a bit purvey, but fair dinkum, it looked exactly like a scene out of the music video for Kylie Minogue's "Slow" - haha!



I dropped my Cd off to ABC radio Far North and got a call saying Kier Shorey, the breakfast presenter wanted me to come in and have a chat and play a song live to air. His audience is more than 10,000 so it was a good little promo opportunity for my cd and upcoming gigs in Cairns.
We had a brief chat and then I played "Ballad of Joe" live to air. I think it went over pretty well and once they have posted it on their website I'll let you know the link if you're interested in having a listen. I'm always interested to listen back to interviews just see what I said and hope that it wasn't too embarrassing!
Steve plays "Ballad of Joe" live to air

See how early I had to get up??

Having a chat with brekky presenter Kier Shorey

At ABC Far North (sorry, my internet is running our so no time for witty captions now!)
On Thursday I did a gig at Grill'd which went ok. Owner David was a nice dude and his assisant manager Mikey was also very friendly. I managed to sell a couple of cds and got a free feed so not a bad little night out.


View from behind the mic...

Ollie hamming it up for the camera...dude in green bought a cd, legend.

Singing for my supper


No comments:

Post a Comment