Wednesday 9 May 2012

29/04/12

When I awoke today I was actually able to see where I had parked and realised I was quite fortunate to not have been bogged in the sand.

Freda in the sand...

The plan today was to make Mackay for lunch then head about 50km north of Mackay to the Wintermoon Festival site where I am volunteering.
Despite my previous poor experiences with McDonalds free wi-fi, I decided to chance it again and fortunately, Maccas Rockhampton wi-fi is actually pretty good! Bonus!!
After checking my emails I went down to the Marina to check out the beach and have some lunch.

Peanut butter and palm trees at Mackay

After picking up some supplies I was then off to the Wintermoon Festival site which will be my home for the next week or so.
When I got there it was pretty much a ghost tent city. People started arriving a few days ago, set up their tents and then left again for the week and will return next Friday when the Festival kicks off.
When I got there I was greeted by Peter on the front gate who was very friendly and welcoming.
I then went on to meet Jenny and Chris who is one of the main organisers and he helped find me a spot to park Freda which is in a great spot close to the stages, showers, toilets and people -schweet!

Freda nicely nestled away in her home for the next week or so at Wintermoon

Chris is one of the main organisers and a lovely bloke
Later that day I met a whole host of other people including Harmony who is the volunteer co-ordinator, Luke, Rebecca, Andrea, Greg and Sarah. Everyone seems really nice, warm and welcoming so hopefully I'm in for a good week.


No comments:

Post a Comment