Wednesday 9 May 2012

6/5/12

This morning was spent at the Blackboard Stage watching Dj perform a few songs and listening to a few other people get up and do their thing. I then went to another songwriting workshop which was interesting and well attended. I pretty much just waited around then until the final of the songwriting comp started at 2pm. I was on fourth and performed "Ballad of Joe" which seemed to get a good response. After everyone played their song, the judges deliberated for a few minutes then it was announced that I had won the competition with my performance. Everyone was very complimentary of the song and my performance which was really nice. A lot of people in the crowd came up to me that afternoon and at night telling me how much they enjoyed the song and how they said I was their pick for the winner. So after going through so many ups and downs with my music, this was definitely an up which I hope I can build on in some way. It felt really good to finally be recognised for my songwriting which means so much to me. We went back to Fred's camp for a celebratory beer and finished off the night listening to music. Tops day.

No comments:

Post a Comment