Wednesday 9 May 2012

5/05/12


This morning I did a blackboard set which seemed to go over pretty well. Even though I'm not playing on the main stages at these festivals I'm still making the effort to do any blackboards that are available in the hope that it may lead to some sort of opportunity down the track.
I also signed up for the songwriting competition which will be held this afternoon.
I then went to a songwriting workshop run by Roger Corbett from the Bushwhackers as well as checking out some music including a couple of the blokes from Redgum.

Redgum dudes

It was then time to do the songwriting comp.
I gave my camera to Fred to take a pic of me up on stage but he only managed to get this one before the battery went flat.

Me about to play

I knew the battery was low so I almost told him not to turn the camera on until it was time to take a pic but thought, "No, it will be right".
So you can imagine my horror when I saw him and Claire taking random pics while I was over the other side of the stage and unable to stop them.
Here is a slideshow that my snap-happy mates managed to kill my camera battery off with - haha!:




Anyways, I got selected as one of 6 finalists for the songwriting comp. We get to perform our song on one of the main stages tomorrow afternoon - cool huh?
Just when I think the week can't get any better, it does.



1 comment:

  1. They were great photos i took T and the battery thing well i think it might have been ebay that let you down....... lmfao

    ReplyDelete