Tuesday 29 May 2012

25/05/12 - 26/05/12


Well it rained ALL night last night. Heavy, soaking rain the entire night.
Due to the shitty weather, it was a pretty lazy day today, just hanging out, doing a bit of writing and not much else.
I've managed to tee up a gig here tomorrow so despite the weather, I'll be here for at least another night.
After dinner, Eva and I played some pool and got chatting with Nick and Sheona (I hope I have her name right) from Melbourne.
They had just travelled up from Melbourne today and will continue through to Cooktown tomorrow on the Bloomfield track.
They were both really nice and fun people and shouted us drinks for most of the night which was not expected but we all had fun.
The next day I woke up to, yes, more rain. I know we're in a rainforrest but it's getting a bit ridiculous now.
When the rain finally eased after lunch I went for a drive around to Cape Trib Beach, hoping for the picturesque landscape and blue water that I thought existed up here but I was again disappointed.

Cape Trib beach..bit disappointing really
That afternoon I set up for the gig and while loading my gear out of the car, managed to capture both sides of the beauty scale in the animal kingdom.

Beauty...

...and the beast!
That night it was gig time and what a fun gig it was.

TK's Jungle Playground - the place of one of my most favourite gigs...

My set list was pretty well appreciated with a few sing-a-longs ensuing, especially from a group of three young blokes, Josh, Cade and Greedy who were all really nice lads and kept Eva and I entertained. I normally hate playing "Mustang Sally" but it was the perfect closer to my set with  an excellent crowd participation - really fun!!!
I managed to sell a couple of cds, which is always great, and got a free feed and free drinks all night so it was a bright shining light on what has been a miserable few days of weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment