Tuesday 29 May 2012

27/05/12


Well this morning it was time to say goodbye to Eva.
She'd had enough of the rain (or me) and the general dampness of North Qld and decided to head back to Port Douglas.
So that was the end of that little story.
I was still determined to make it to Cooktown so after some brekky Freda and I hit the road solo again.
Once we made it out of Mossman, the weather began to get better, the air was drier and my spirits lifted.
I was quite surprised with the journey north both with the excellent condition of the road and some of the scenery along the way.
After spending a few days in the RAINforrest, it was great to see some different, drier landscapes.

Good to get back to a more arid landscape...
Once I got to the camping spot on the top of a lookout about an hour south of Cooktown, I opened Freda up for a good airing and drying session which I'm sure she appreciated.

Freda spreads her arms wide to dry out those moist little armpits of hers...

The views from up here were beautiful.
Insert pic of me in front of view.
And they just got better as the sun set.

This was the view from the lookout where I stayed the night

...and it just got better as the sun set

Check out that sky....beautiful
This view wasn't so good though...

mmmmmm underwear....

Before the sun set and the reality that I was alone on top of this hill for the night set in, Ashley and Jo (I think) from Brisbane arrived and set up camp for the night.
They're from Brisbane and in their 40's or 50's and taking a year off to travel. We had a nice little chat before I headed to bed for the night.
It was a bit strange not having my crazy little German buddy her van beside me but I think I'm getting better at transitioning between travelling solo and travelling with or seeing others. Having said that, it's still not easy and something I won't entirely get used to I don't think.
Go! Solo Steve! Go!


No comments:

Post a Comment